February 1, 2013

The January Totals Post

The month of January was quite a surprise to me. I found well above what I was expecting to find. I also had the opportunity to look in less than mundane places for coins including my University and Las Vegas.

The total count for the month of January is 2 dollars and 22 cents. I cannot wait to see how much this total grows in the next 11 months.

I have made a few observations that I would like to share with you guys.

The first thing I have found myself doing is scanning the roads while im driving for glimmering pieces of metal in the street. Although I have only positively spotted something once, (I didnt even retrieve the coin because it would have been gravely unsafe) I remain scanning the roads.

Another strange urge that I have been getting involves fountains. At my university, there is a fountain that is for decorative purposes only. It is not generally used as a wishing well. Regardless of this social understanding, people will from time to time throw their change inside. I have been super tempted to reach inside of the fountains to grab the change that im certain that someone else is grabbing.

The last thing that I have noticed how there are certain places that are just prone to having change around them. The two places that found coins on a regular basic are on the bus and by vending machines. There were certain places I have looked where I would find multiple coins. By the copy machines at school I will usually find more than one coin. I will see if this pattern continues in the next months.

No comments:

Post a Comment